A hand-held, multifunctional platform to achieve comprehensive coagulation profiling in minutes at the point-of-care
The iCoagLab Platform is based on patented technology developed by scientists at the Massachusetts General Hospital
iCoagLab uses an optical sensor that detects intensity fluctuations of laser scattering patterns to measure blood clot stiffness over time
Rapid and complete coagulation profiling in 10 minutes at the bedside
Coagulation profiling with a
25-microliter drop of blood
Detect impaired coagulation in hospitalized patients
Opportunity to predict bleeding and guide transfusions
Overall cost per test is a fraction of the cost of conventional coagulation tests
Opportunities for in-hospital use: cardiac surgery and other surgical units, interventional cardiology, liver transplant, intensive care, stroke clinics and trauma units
Primary care and patient self-testing for anticoagulation monitoring
1. Comprehensive Coagulation Profiling at the Point-of-Care Using a Novel Laser-Based Approach. Nadkarni SK. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2019 Apr;45(3):264-274.
2. Comprehensive Blood Coagulation Profiling in Patients Using iCoagLab: Comparison Against Thromboelastography. Tripathi MM, Tshikudi DM, Hajjarian Z, Hack DC, Van Cott EM, Nadkarni SK. Thromb Haemost. 2020 Jul;120(7):1116-1127
4. Evaluating platelet aggregation dynamics from laser speckle fluctuations. Hajjarian Z, Tshikudi DM, Nadkarni SK. Biomed Opt Express. 2017 Jun 30;8(7):3502-3515.
5. Optical sensing of anticoagulation status: Towards point-of-care coagulation testing. Tshikudi DM, Tripathi MM, Hajjarian Z, Van Cott EM, Nadkarni SK. PLoS One. 2017 Aug 3;12(8):e0182491.
6. Clinical evaluation of whole blood prothrombin time (PT) and international normalized ratio (INR) using a Laser Speckle Rheology sensor. Tripathi MM, Egawa S, Wirth AG, Tshikudi DM, Van Cott EM, Nadkarni SK.Sci Rep. 2017 Aug 23;7(1):9169.
7. Laser Speckle Rheology for evaluating the viscoelastic properties of hydrogel scaffolds. Hajjarian Z, Nia HT, Ahn S, Grodzinsky AJ, Jain RK, Nadkarni SK.Sci Rep. 2016 Dec 1;6:37949.
8. Optical Thromboelastography to evaluate whole blood coagulation. Hajjarian Z, Tripathi MM, Nadkarni SK.J Biophotonics. 2015 May;8(5):372-81.
9. Assessing blood coagulation status with laser speckle rheology. Tripathi MM, Hajjarian Z, Van Cott EM, Nadkarni SK.Biomed Opt Express. 2014 Feb 24;5(3):817-31.
10. Estimation of particle size variations for laser speckle rheology of materials. Hajjarian Z, Nadkarni SK.Opt Lett. 2015 Mar 1;40(5):764-7.
11. Evaluating the viscoelastic properties of tissue from laser speckle fluctuations. Hajjarian Z, Nadkarni SK.Sci Rep. 2012;2:316.
8 St Mary's St.
Boston, MA 02215
8 Saint Mary's Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, United States